Sunday 8 August 2010

More Golden Wedding Cards

These are a few cards from the grandchildren to Granny and Granda on their 50th wedding anniversary.
In this first card I used a stripe paper to cover the card front and the piece left showing underneath after I had chopped a bit off it. I added a border of cream lace threaded with a cream and gold ribbon. I made a couple of flowers using the Martha Stewart cosmos punch, punching the shape four times for each flower and then added a little button with a gold thread . I cut two small hearts from glitter card and hung from a thread from the flowers. The sentiment was made on the computer.




This is a fairly simple card but I think it looks quite stylish. I used a cuttlebug folder to make the background which I then layered onto some black card. I stamped the flowers and embossed them with gold embossing powder and then layered them onto the background. The sentiment was placed on the card and then accentuated with lines of gold peeloffs. I haven't used peeloffs for years but I like the look of them on this card. I finished with a broad ceam organza ribbon which was edged in gold. The whole piece was then stuck onto a white card .



The last card is for one of my daughters to give. This one is my favourite. I bought some fab stamps from a docrafter, Viv. and they are fab. The flower in the last card was one of them and this butterfly another. I stamped the butterfly in black ink onto some yellow K&Co paper. I did this twice and cut each one out. I then added some glitter to the outline, a row of different sized pearls to the body and some antennae made with gold wire and pearls. I layered on a couple of nestie circles. The sentiment was layered onto a pale gold glitter card.




Linda

4 comments:

  1. There are beautiful. You have made excellant work on these cards. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are all so delicate and beautiful.i love how you have dangled the hearts from the flower in the 1st card and love the butterfly on your 3rd.they are stunning.

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely these are! Am so pleased you like the stamps... and they were obviously meant for you cos you've mad a fab job of these cards! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever!! Love these cards!Annx

    ReplyDelete