Saturday 17 July 2010

Christening cards for my Nieces

These are the christening cards and boxes I made for my two nieces, Anastasia and Tamara who were christened today. They are aged 8 and 9 so I didn't want a babyish image. I have used this gorgeous Confimand Melinda from Whiff of Joy. I have paper pieced her dress, coloured the rest with distress inks and added some rangers stickles glitter glue to her wings. The papers are all from the free My Minds Eye pack in Cardmaking and papercraft Magazine this month. They really are beautiful, worth buying an extra mag just for the papers. I finished with some lace, ribbon , flowers fromWild Orchid crafts and sentiments made on the computer. I am really pleased with how they turned out.
We had a really funny incident at the christening, the rector forgot to put water in the font!

Anastasia's Card












Linda

4 comments:

  1. Wow they are gorgeous, great keepsake. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Two stunning cards. Love the paper peicing on dresses. Your neices would love them and a great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow these are absolutely stunning.beautiful image and fab paper piecing.i love your colours and papers and all the details.
    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete