Saturday 3 September 2011

One of those Days!!

Have you ever had one of those days where nothing goes right? Well I've had one today - thought I'd get cracking on my Christmas cards after I had cleared up my orders but oh no that wasn't gonna happen today! It has taken me all afternoon to make this card and I'm still not a hundred percent sure about it. I had it all stuck on but it wasn't quite straight - only a mm or 2 out but to me it stuck out like a sore thumb- I don't know why I carried on with it cause I knew in the back of my mind I wouldn't be happy with it and would start again and of course after wasting so much time on it I binned it and did start again. Anyway this is the result - a 30th birthday card - not needed till the end of the month so I still might change my mind lol - I think the flowers might be too overpowering .
The papers are Doodlebug - image from Pink Petticoat coloured with promarkers and over watercoloured over with sakura stardust - sentiment made on the computer.





I am entering this into the following challenges
Craftyourdaysaway - Make your own flowers
Cardmakinmamas - use digi stamp or papers
ShowandTell - anything goes
Bythecuteandgirly - all things bright and beautiful
CutecardThursday- use a punch
Linda

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, love the way you have matched the flowers with the girl. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love your punched flowers and how they match the backing paper. Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, think we've all had a day like that! But your card has turned out beautifully, all worth it in the end x
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on Docrafts earlier and it's even better close up. I just love the flowers and everything is so colour co-ordinated. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous, I especially love the flowers! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think it's beautiful linda!
    love the colours and the flowers.
    kathleen mc x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, thank you for joining us at CYDA, hope you will join us again, good luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a terrific card, Love the colours and the flowers too. Lee xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous card linda.the papers and colours are stunning and i love the fun image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card. love the flowers. papers are great colours x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card, why are we all so critical about our own work, I too have destroyed many a card because I have not been happy with it even though people tell me how nice it is. So here goes I love your card and the flowers. I am sure whoever receives this card will love it. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card, love the colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card,love the flowers.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pretty card. Love the colours and papers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers are fabulous, I love it!

    Thanks for linking up on Show and Tell this week!
    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Stop by my blog anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fab card and gorgeous flowers.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. loving those flowers!!! thnx for playing with us at cmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great flowers. Lovely colourful card. Thank you for sharing it with us at BTC&G "Bright and Beautiful" challenge this month.
    Geraldine

    ReplyDelete