Sunday 25 September 2011

Christmas has finally started!

Went out to my craft room this morning intending to get on with my class prep for Tuesday night but I started fiddling around instead. I found these wooden hearts I had bought at one time intending to decorate them but I'd forgot about them. They are about 6 inches high and 3 inches at the widest point. Right I thought I'll have a go at this Tim Holtz crackle paint that I hadn't used before. The colour - Antique linen - I didn't much like it when I put it on but it's great stuff - and I think it suits the vintagey look of this little plaque. I then embossed around the edges with gold embossing powder - stamped in gold swirl which is actually a Personal Impressions Christmas tree stamp - embossed it with gold as well - then stamped a script in red  and another little swirl in gold. The ribbons are from my stash - a fab red gingham - goldy fibres and a great holly ribbon that I have let fall down the card and added some red gems for berries. The sentiment is stamped and gold embossed and then cut out in a banner shape and then inked around the edges. Sorry about the long post - can you tell I'm excited about my Christmas projects? lol







Need to get a bit oo wire on the back to hang them up with - I have 4 of these hearts so I think I'll make a little series of them  - maybe Winter Wonderland next so watch out for them!

I am entering this into the following challenges

Two Sisters - Gingham or plaid
Sweetstampinchallengeblog - Anything goes with optional sketch
FussyandFancy- Try a new technique - crackle paint
InspiremeFridays - Anything goes
CraftyRibbons - Anything goes
Sweetstamps - Anything but a card

Linda

17 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful! Love the embossing and the holly! This is a great idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out lovely. Great idea. I'm thinking about getting some of this crackle paint. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow they are great and it sounds like you had fun doing them ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely stunning project Linda! Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore this. Great idea and beautifully crafted. I look forward to seeing the next of your christmas projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. I love the long shape of the heart, and the ribbon is very pretty.

    Thanks for joining our gingham challenge at 2 Sisters this week.

    Annette xx
    (ps I have candy on my blog if you want to enter!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful. Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons.
    hugs Tessa & Anke

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this is beautiful linda.really gorgeous colours and design ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous! I love the crackle effect & teamed with the gold embossing, well it's fab! Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, Gorgeous! I love it. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is awesome. So different than anything else. I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty ribbons. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous, love all the detail and texture. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete