Saturday 15 January 2011

Update on my altered notice board.

This is a work in progress and I had no idea what way I wanted to go with this but I have decided on the shabby chic distressed look which I love.  Firstly I sanded down all the edges and gave them a quick swipe over with distress inks - Vintage photo - I have then  used a heart stamp that had beautiful swirls on it and stamped all over the outer edges in distress ink and then covered gold embossing powder. I didn't want the actual heart shape just the swirls. I rubbed off some of the embossing powder in places and then dried it with my heat gun. This took an age possibly because it was on wood and not paper.I then sanded the edges again and gave then another go with the distress inks. This is what it looks like now.




I have noticed one side along the little pockets that I will have to redo as it has a very obvious straight line!
Will keep you posted on progress
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment